Senior Solution Architect
£110,000 – £90,000k Per Annum + Benefits + Bonus
My client is looking for a Sr Solutions Architect to spearhead one of the largest technical changes the company has seen for some time. A household name in the video technology space, your input will touch millions of homes across the UK and Europe. The ideal candidate will have End-to-end system architecture responsibility across a number of development projects and will be working closely with both senior stakeholders and the departments technology teams.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Working with Stakeholder’s at an ideas stage to ensure they are aware of how technology can help them meet their business challenges;
- Creating and delivering innovative end-to-end solution designs for products that meet the requirements of the sponsor while maintaining the overall integrity of the technology systems estate;
- Supporting the individual product streams in the maintenance and construction of their system roadmaps;
- Working with delivery teams assisting them in aligning to the overall solution architecture and adjusting the architecture as needed in the face of changes to requirements through to product launch;
- Working with delivery teams in developing solutions that are cloud-native, hybrid-cloud, secure, cost-effective, multi-tenant, highly responsive, scalable, highly available, and resilient in the face of failure of dependent components and systems;
- Ensuring solution designs align with prevailing technology strategy, and the relevant technology and corporate policies (such as cyber security, data management and retention, etc.).
- Hand’s on experience of defining content origination and distribution architectures across Playout, On screen Graphics, content segmentation
- Extensive experience in a technology leadership role within a large enterprise media organization with a focus on video technology, Satellite and Cable distribution, D2C OTT
- Hands on experience in designing complex video systems
- Demonstratable understanding and delivery experience on building public-cloud and hybrid cloud compute, containers and serverless architectures
- Demonstratable track record of software engineering working within a software engineer team.
- Networking for media & entertainment including IP- based SMPTE 2022 / 2110/ NDI Protocols
- Audio over IP
- Advanced On-screen Graphics rendering, including telestration platforms – VizRT / GV Vertigo / Unity / Singular / Unreal Engine / Chyron Hego & Paint / Ross Video Piero
- Statistics and Sports data sets modelling, real-time data aggregation, data matching and API integrations – OPTA / PA / Tetractis / Sportec / Sport Radar / Premier League / FOM / Ole Media / PGA Tour / SMT / MST / Kinexon, and/or country specific election data sets
- Containers, Serverless compute platforms and architecture patterns
- Storage and architectural patterns around distributed systems
Does this sound like the challenge you have been looking for? A real opportunity to rubber-stamp your name on implementation with an international broadcaster. Apply now with your up to date CV and let’s have a confidential chat!
Paratus People are acting as an Employment Agency for the purposes of this Job Vacancy.
We offer a reward scheme if you can recommend someone for this position, up to €2000.
Paratus People are recognised talent solution experts within IoT and Broadcast Technology