Paratus People have a fantastic DevOps Engineer role available with a multinational engineering company who support the defence and space industry. It will be part of an expanding team and give you the opportunity to showcase your skills and experience with designing, creating and supporting mission critical IT systems.
The role is based in South Wales, UK with additional travel required from time to time. There is a view on starting a candidate in January 2021 as a contract role for 12 months.
Our Client is looking for a confident candidate who is self-sufficient with excellent communication skills to work alongside technical peers and outside contacts.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Design, install and maintain systems inside our clients, their customer’s and cloud infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for use by their engineering and development team.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve system stability and performance.
- Developing standard operating procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Provide second line system support to their operations staff.
- Produce and review technical documentation for their IT systems and infrastructure for use by internal and external customers.
- Maintain infrastructure, service and system security through the use of regular patching and vulnerability scanning.
When it comes to Must Haves – We’re really looking for;
- Experience of migrating legacy systems and software to cloud services.
- Experience of working with public sector agencies.
- Experience of designing, creating and supporting mission critical IT systems.
And as for skill set must haves;
- Knowledge of Ansible & Nginx
- Knowledge of Prometheus/Grafana.
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Travis.
- In-depth knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of source code control tools such as Git.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud provider tools and services such as AWS/GCP and Azure.
- Good working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of IoT technologies such as MQTT/AMQP.
Additional skills which are ideals but not essential are;
- TCP/IP Networking.
- ELK stack or other common SIEM or logging system such as Graylog.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates with current Security Clearance would be preferred but our Client is open to all applicants if they are a UK National and are willing to undergo a security vetting process.
If you feel your background and knowledge is suitable for the role and you’re interested in being considered, please contact Megan Hazell via the link below.
Paratus People are acting as an Employment Agency for the purposes of this Job Vacancy. We offer a reward scheme if you can recommend someone for this position, up to £2000. Paratus People are recognised talent solution experts within IoT and Broadcast Technology.