Field Application Engineer
€45-75,000 per annum
Another great opportunity has just opened at a company that is a global leader in the world of WiFi technology. With offices across the globe, they are expanding their European field application department – which is where you come in!
Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to become the primary technical point of contact between existing or prospective customers in the Telecoms and video broadcast industry. They’re existing client repertoire includes some of the biggest household names, and it is only growing.
You won’t just benefit from some brilliant client exposure, you will integrate into a very social, ambitious team with some of the most experienced talent in the business. Your feedback and expertise will be valued across the business, with immense room for progression.
What will you be doing?
As a Field Application Engineer, you’ll be supporting Pre-sales, acceptance, launch, and deployment stages by providing high level support to customers. You’ll represent this cutting edge company, providing smart Wi-Fi solutions to clients across Belgium and beyond. Yes that means international travel is a pre-requisite of the role, depending on Covid restrictions of course!
- Providing onsite Product trials, installations and deployments alongside other professional services.
- Capture requirements from customers and liaise with Engineering to provide solutions.
- Enhance product customisation.
- Work closely with Engineering teams to investigate, assign, and resolve defects. Deploy software defect fixes at customer sites.
- Provide ongoing, regular updates to customers to keep them apprised of progress toward problem resolution.
What experience should you have?
- Ideally 5+ years of hands-on field experience in networking in a customer facing role delivering professional services is required
- Strong understanding of network protocols/products: TCP, UDP, Ethernet protocols are the important ones, and experience with Wi-Fi protocols a bonus
- Experience with broadband, xDSL, IPTV, and streaming video technologies
What would be an added bonus?
- Small team management experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux OS and basic build environment to make simple configuration changes is desirable
- Experience with Customer Premise Equipment devices is a plus
Does this sound like the challenge you are looking for? Please send your updated CV
Paratus People are acting as an Employment Agency for the purposes of this Job Vacancy. We offer a reward scheme if you can recommend someone for this position, up to €2000. Paratus People are recognised talent solution experts within IoT and Broadcast Technology