Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £45,000 – £75,000
Location: Manchester (Remote every Monday and Friday)
An exciting opportunity has opened to join a global industry leader working as an embedded software engineer. The company endeavor to make a greener tomorrow leading smart metering, gride edge intelligence and smart infrastructure technology.
As an embedded software engineer you will work within a team of smart, aspiring and diverse experts gaining first hand exposure to exciting new projects. You will get the chance to develop and maintain high quality firmware for residential meters and communication products for over 3,500 clients all over the world.
Depending on your level, you could be considered for any level, all the way from Mid to Lead Embedded Software Engineer.
- Translating marketing / customer requirements into well designed software.
- Write performance critical and maintainable software for an embedded product.
- Actively contribute to the creation of a high performing cross-functional agile team.
- Ensure quality, customer focused solutions are achieved and maintained in a timely manner.
- Undertake other interesting duties that may arise from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience of C and/or C++ software development or embedded products.
- Experience of being an Agile development team member.
- The attributes of being a self-starter, self-motivated and a team player.
- LAN and WAN communications experience.
- Experience in writing device drivers for embedded products.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps processes (Preferably Azure Dev Ops).
Ambitious future growth plans, with multiple hires at all levels will give you an incredible opportunity to rapidly progress in a role with real purpose.
If you are seeking a role that is exciting challenging with a global industry leader this is for you.
Take the next step in your career and apply today.